Ascddmi.dll is a component for the ASUS motherboard device driver that is essential for the device to run certain functions. This dll file is included in the ASUS ASCDDMI version 1.0.1 software and is known to produce many errors. The errors surrounding this file appear on your screen as a result of it being missing, unreadable or else because some of its settings have become damaged or corrupted. You need to repair these problems to be able to get rid of the error messages and make use of your computer again. This tutorial will teach you how to fix ascddmi.dll errors on your system.
What Causes ascddmi.dll Errors?
The ascddmi.dll errors typically appear on your screen in any of these formats:
- “ascddmi.dll Not Found”
- “This application failed to start because ascddmi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “Cannot find %cdrom%\bin\ascddmi.dll”
- “The file ascddmi.dll is missing.”
- “Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: ascddmi.dll. Please install the application again.”
The different errors are generally caused because for some reason or another, your computer is not able to properly read the ascddmi.dll file. Usually, this file has been either damaged or misplaced by the operating system. What we must do to fix this problem is restore the file so it can be found and read by Windows again.
How To Fix ascddmi.dll Errors
Step 1 – Re-Install Any Programs Showing Errors
You need to identify which programs are causing the error messages to appear when you try to use them. The application/s might have been damaged in some way and therefore won’t be able to read the file correctly. You need to re-install those programs showing errors. To remove programs from your system, click Start> Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs and then select the program from the list and click the “Remove” or “Uninstall” button. Follow the uninstall wizard and restart your computer when finished.
This process will get rid of the program and will prevent the error messages from appearing. If you wish to use the program again, insert the CD/DVD installer in your optical drive and run the installer or download a fresh one from the Internet.
Step 2 – Manually Replace the ascddmi.dll file on your PC
You can replace the ascddmi.dll file in the user directory where it is located. Doing this will ensure that you will have a working copy of the file. To manually replace the file on your PC, you need to follow these steps:
- Download the ascddmi.dll from the Internet and save it to your hard drive.
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current ascddmi.dll on your system
- Rename the current ascddmi.dll to ascddmiBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new ascddmi.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 ascddmi.dll” on the Command Prompt window and press “Enter”
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
The registry can potentially be a big source of ascddmi.dll problems in your computer. The registry is a huge database that stores all of the settings and options that files and programs use. Windows uses these settings to load your files and programs properly. Despite having a key role in the system, the registry continually experiences errors, largely because of the way Windows saves registry keys (it’s inefficient). When registry keys become damaged or corrupted, it is easy for files and programs start showing errors. You need to repair the errors inside the registry by using a registry cleaner that can scan and resolve issues in your registry automatically.