D3dx10_40.dll is a dynamic link library belonging to the DirectX program created by Microsoft that is needed to provide enhanced graphics for multimedia and gaming software. The file encounters errors as a result of it becoming damaged or missing, causing Windows to be unable to properly read or load the file. You need to resolve the issues regarding the d3dx10_40.dll to be able to play your games or multimedia files that require high graphic resolution. This tutorial will enable you to fix the problem quickly.
What Causes d3dx10_40.dll Errors?
The d3dx10_40.dll errors are primarily caused by the way in which Windows is not able to process the file either from damaged settings or files. The file can be accidentally misplaced causing the error message to appear. The problem can also be caused by an outdated DirectX version trying to play a game or multimedia file intended for the latest version of DirectX. Damaged settings in the registry can also cause the error message to appear. You need to accurately identify the source of the problem in order to fix it – which can be performed using the steps enumerated below:
How To Fix The d3dx10_40.dll Error On Your PC
Step 1 – Upgrade DirectX On Your PC
To get rid of the problem, you need to upgrade your current version of DirectX on your PC to the latest version. You first need to remove your current DirectX version and then install the latest version. Here’s how you can do this:
- Click Start> Run and type “appwiz.cpl” in the dialogue box that appears, and then click OK or press ENTER.
- From the list of programs, locate and select the old version of DirectX and click the “Remove” or “Uninstall” button.
- Restart your PC.
- Download the latest version of DirectX from the Microsoft website or use this link.
- Save the file onto your hard drive.
- Follow the installation wizard and restart your PC again after completing the installation.
Step 2 – Manually Replace The D3dx10_40.dll File on your PC
The best way to resolve the issues regarding the dll file is to manually replace the file and register it to your Windows system. To do this, just follow these simple steps:
- Download d3dx10_40.zip from the Internet
- Unzip the d3dx10_40.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current d3dx10_40.dll on your system
- Rename the current d3dx10_40.dll to d3dx10_40BACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new d3dx10_40.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 d3dx10_40.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
This process will provide a fresh copy of the dll file onto your system and should prevent the error from showing. However, if the error persists, proceed to the next step.
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry Of Windows
The “registry” is a complicated Windows module that stores up all settings for every file and program stored in your computer. Unfortunately, it is also the source of many errors that result in the sluggishness of your system. The errors come from damaged or corrupted registry keys which have been produced by Windows by saving registry entries improperly. You need to repair the errors inside the registry to fix the d3dx10_40.dll errors that plague your PC by using a legitimate ‘registry cleaner’ that can do the scanning and repairing for you automatically.
We highly recommend that you obtain this tool to fix 99% of errors and faults, and can even help stop viruses from infecting your system which will make your computer run fast again.