The rademsg.dll file is an important component used by the Citrix Presentation Server Program, but it is also known to be a security risk in some computer systems. This is because it can be easily modified by many kinds of spyware, and turned against your computer system. If you experience the rademsg.dll error after a virus infiltration, then you will need to disable it and remove it from your computer to prevent any further problems.
What Causes rademsg.dll Errors?
There are several possible causes of redemsg.dll file errors, though the usual causes are spyware or malware infiltrations, programs not being installed properly, problems with Windows startup or shut down, or issues with the Windows registry. Any of the above problems can lead to the rademsg.dll file becoming damaged, or simply being lost by your computer. When these problems occur, the following messages may be displayed:
- “This application failed to start because rademsg.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “rademsg.dll Not Found”
- “Cannot start Citrix Presentation Server. A required component is missing: rademsg.dll. Please install the application again.”
- “Cannot find C:\Program Files\citrix\system32\rademsg.dll”
- “The file rademsg.dll is missing.”
How To Fix rademsg.dll Errors
Step 1 – Re-Install The Citrix Application
One of the biggest causes of rademsg.dll errors is that the program that runs the file, the Citrix Presentation Server application, may not be working correctly. It’s recommended that you uninstall the program and install a fresh copy of it. Doing this will refresh all of the files and settings and provide Windows with a working copy of the rademsg.dll file to read.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
- Follow the onscreen prompts
- Install a new copy of Citrix Presentation Server from the installation CD or via an Internet download
Step 2 – Clean Out The Registry Of Windows
The last step to take is to fix the Windows registry. This is the main database that Windows uses to store files and settings like the rademsg.dll file. Sometimes it can get overworked, and its files may be corrupted or simply lost. This causes Windows to not be able to read the files it needs when loading certain programs. The way to fix this is to download a registry cleaner and use it to repair this important sector.