FrameDyn.dll is a file used by the “Microsoft Framework Library” to help load up various classes that software programs will use to run. “Classes” are central programming functions which can be called to provide generic functionality to a particular piece of software, basically providing a library of functions that developers can use in their software. Although framedyn.dll is an important file, it’s continually causing a large number of errors on your system – mainly because of the way in which Windows will either save file incorrectly or have settings which are preventing it from loading correctly.
What Causes FrameDyn.dll Errors?
FrameDyn.dll errors are caused by several different issues that can lead the file to become unreadable or missing on your PC. The error this file shows include:
- “framedyn.dll Not Found”
- “This application failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “Cannot find framedyn.dll”
- “The file framedyn.dll is missing.”
- “Cannot start Windows WMI. A required component is missing: framedyn.dll. Please install the application again.”
- rundll32.exe – Unable To Locate Component This application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
The problems which can cause this error to show include the framdyn.dll file inside the C:\Windows\System32\Wbem\ folder being damaged or corrupted, or various Windows environment path settings are preventing your computer from correctly reading the file. To fix the error, you should first look to replace the framdyn.dll file on your system with a fresh copy, and then be sure that your system has the correct settings for the file.
How To Fix FrameDyn.dll Errors
Step 1) – Use Microsoft Fix-It 50407
Microsoft introduced a patch to automatically fix this error for you and have made it freely available from their website. You should download it and then repair the issues which are causing the errors to show. This will not only allow your computer to read the framedyn.dll file, but also includes several other updates which which will help your computer run smoother as well.
Step 2) – Replace The FrameDyn.dll File On Your PC
If you still get the error after reinstalling the software on your system, it suggests you have a problem with the framedyn.dll file itself. You may wish to then try this procedure to replace the file & correct the issue on your PC:
2) Unzip the framedyn.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
3) Browse to c:\Windows\System32\wbem
4) Locate the current framedyn.dll on your system
5) Rename the current framedyn.dll to framedynBACKUP.dll
6) Copy & paste the new mswinsck.ocx into C:\Windows\System32\wbem
7) Click Start > Run (Or search”run” on Vista & Win7)
8 ) Type “cmd” in the box that appears
9) Type “regsvr32 -u framedyn.dll” on the black screen & Press Enter
10) Type “regsvr32 framedyn.dll” on the black screen
11) Press enter
This will basically replace the framedyn.dll file on your system, which should correct any issues the file may have developed on your PC. This generally works to fix most cases of DLL errors, but may not work for you.
Step 3) – Change The Environment Path Variables On Your System
The “environment path” variables allow Windows to read the files and settings it requires from various folders of your PC. Although these are normally okay, they can become damaged and lead to errors such as the one you’re seeing. Here’s how to fix them:
- Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties. If you receive an error, click OK:
- In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
- Click Environment Variables.
- Under System variables, click Path, and then click Edit.
- In the Variable value box, type the following:
- Click OK three times (every time that you have the option).
If this does not work correctly, please progress onto Step 4:
Step 4) – Clean Out The “Registry”
One of the big causes of framedyn.dll errors is the way in which there are a series of mis-matched inside the registry of your system. The registry is a central database which stores all the files, settings and options that Windows uses to run. Although this part of your computer is one of the most important, it’s also a big cause of errors because of the way that Windows will often corrupt it.
Not many people realize this, but the registry will continually cause a large number of DLL errors because of the way in which your computer uses a large list of DLL files to help it run. Each time you use your PC, 100’s of DLL files are being loaded with help from the registry database. If this database gets corrupted / damaged, it leads to your system showing errors like the one you’re seeing, making it highly recommended that you repair any problems inside the registry. This can be done by download a registry cleaner tool from our website.