Cscomp.dll errors can be very annoying because they affect your work and make your programs crash. Here is what you can do to try to fix them.
What Is Cscomp.dll?
Cscomp.dll is Visual C# Compiler. This file belongs to Microsoft Visual Studio.
How to Fix Cscomp.dll?
The most common error messages that users get when there is a problem with the cscomp.dll file is this:
The program can’t start because cscomp.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
The first thing you should try is exactly what the error message suggests – uninstall and reinstall the program that is causing the error. Most likely, the last program you installed on your computer is responsible for the error. To reinstall the program, do the following:
WARNING: If you are reinstalling a paid program, make sure you have your license information.
- Click on Start and go to the Control Panel
- Click on Uninstall a Program and wait for Windows to present you with a list of your installed software
- Find the program that’s causing the error
- Highlight it and click on Uninstall
- Follow the steps of the uninstaller
- Reboot your computer
When you are do, install the program again using the installation file or installation disc, then reboot your computer and see if the error goes away.
If the cscomp.dll error doesn’t go away, you may need to run extensive registry cleanup to make it go away.
The registry is the most important part of any Windows computer because it’s the database where Windows keeps all its settings. Like with any database, obsolete and corrupted entries accumulate over time. When too many corrupted registry entries accumulate, you may start getting all sorts of PC errors, including the cscomp.dll error. Cleaning up and repairing the registry with high quality software will fix the cscomp.dll file.
To repair the registry, do the following:
- Download our recommended Windows repair tool and install it on your computer
- Run a scan and let the program fix all errors
- Reboot your PC for the changes to take effect