The xinput1_3.dll file is associated with Microsoft Common Controller API. The “Microsoft Common Controller API” is a protocol used by Windows to help it connect with the various “game controllers” that you may have on your system. Connecting the likes of an XBox controller, or another game controller to your PC will prompt your PC to load up the “xinput1_3.dll” file to help your PC correctly communicate with the hardware… but it’s unfortunately the case that Windows will somehow corrupt or damage the file – leading your system to run with errors like the one listed above.
What Causes xinput1_3.dll Errors?
The errors which xinput1_3.dll causes include the likes of:
- Many files have become damaged or corrupt
- The program didn’t install properly
- There is a issue with the Windows registry
- Specific files cannot be found
You will also experience various error messages and other related issues. Error messages you might encounter are outlined below:
- xinput1_3.dll cannot be found
- This application failed to start because ieframe.dll could not be found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem
- xinput1_3.dll is missing
- xinput1_3.dll is corrupt
These errors basically explain that your system is unable to correctly process the xinput1_3.dll file, and therefore will either be unable to load up the program you have on your PC, or be unable to correctly read the file it needs to run. To fix this problem, you should follow the steps outlined below: