Vmnetbridge.dll is a dynamic link library file that is part of the VMWare network card, used for virtual PC’s that helps enable computer users to gain access to the powerful programs and tools that make up the VMWare cloud. The file shows errors mainly because Windows is unable to process the file properly. You need to resolve the issues surrounding the vmnetbridge.dll file in order to use the VMWare virtual PC program and eliminate the vmnetbridge.dll error messages. This tutorial will help you do so easily.
What Causes vmnetbridge.dll Errors?
These are the common errors which vmnetbridge.dll causes:
- “vmnetbridge.dll Not Found”
- “This application failed to start because vmnetbridge.dll was not found.”
- “Cannot find C:\Windows\system32\vmnetbridge.dll”
- “The file vmnetbridge.dll is missing.”
- “Cannot start VMware Network Driver. A required component is missing: vmnetbridge.dll. Please install the application again.”
The vmnetbridge.dll errors that plague your system are probably caused by the way in which Windows is unable to recognize the file, either because the file has been damaged or because it Is missing. The problem can be caused by a faulty virtual PC program or by corrupted settings in the registry. You need to identify the source of the problem to be able to fix it – which can be done using the steps below:
How To Fix The vmnetbridge.dll Error On Your PC
Step 1 – Re-Install VMWare / Virtual PC
The first thing that you need to do to resolve the problem is re-install your VMWare application to provide fresh copies of its program files. Re-installing VMWare in your system requires that you remove it first, which you can easily do by following these steps:
- Click Start > Run and type “appwiz.cpl” and then press ENTER.
- From among the list of programs, select the VMWare application and then click the “Remove” or “Uninstall” button.
- Finish off the removal process by restarting your PC. Removing the program will also remove the errors related to the dll file.
- After logging in to Windows, insert your CD/DVD installer inside the optical drive or locate your file installer from your hard drive and run the installation process.
- Follow the installation wizard.
Step 2 – Manually Replace The Vmnetbridge.dll File on your PC
The best way to resolve the issue is by manually replacing the vmnetbridge.dll file on your system. You need to acquire a fresh copy of the file and then register it onto your Windows system. Follow these steps to accomplish this:
- Download vmnetbridge.zip from the Internet in this web page
- Unzip the vmnetbridge.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current vmnetbridge.dll on your system
- Rename the current vmnetbridge.dll as vmnetbridgeBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new vmnetbridge.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or type ”run” into the search box for Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 vmnetbridge.dll” on the black screen
- Hit The Enter Key To Confirm
If the error notifications still show up on your screen, proceed to the next step.
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry Of Windows
Many problems on your computer are brought about by a corrupt registry. This vital part of your computer is responsible for storing the settings for all the programs and files you have stored on the hard drive, and it is easily corrupted. The damage suffered by the registry often leads to Windows being unable to read certain files, such as the vmnetbridge.dll file. To repair this problem, you need to clean out the errors inside the registry, which can be easily performed by using a registry cleaner , a useful tool which can do a thorough scan and repair detected errors efficiently.