localspl.dll is a dll file that is used by your local printer spooler as a library to hold the information it uses. It is an essential system process that is crucial to the operations of Windows and, unlike many dll files, should never be removed from your PC. It is however, CPU intensive and is thus prone to errors.
What Causes The localspl.dll Error?
The localspl.dll error shows in the following message when you boot your PC:
- “Localspl.dll Is Missing”
Errors in the localspl.dll file occur due to issues with the applications that need to use it, and these problems are not helped by the fact that the file is CPU-intensive. The following tutorial will teach you the various ways on how to rectify this sort of error in your PC.
How To Fix The localspl.dll Error On Your PC
Step 1 – Re-Install Any Programs Causing The Error
When you come across this error in your computer, the first thing that you need to do is to check if any of your program/s are causing it to surface. If you think this is the case, then you need to remove these program/s from your system.
- First, go to Start in your Windows bar then select Control Panel
- Choose Add/Remove Programs
- Find the program that is causing the error
- Remove this program by clicking on the Uninstall button next to it
- Refresh your settings by restarting your computer
- Install a new copy of the removed program/s by loading a CD installer in your PC
- Run the newly installed programs to check if the error still persists
If the error did not go away after you have removed the “suspect” program from your PC, proceed to Step 2.
Step 2 – Manually Replace The Corrupted / Damaged File
Another strategy that you can attempt when confronted with this error is to replace the localspl.dll file in your PC. By removing the damaged file from the hard drive and registering a new copy with it, it should provide Windows with a fresh, working copy of the file that it can use. Follow these steps:
- Download localspl.dll.zip from
- Save and unzip the file in your PC’s hard drive
- Open the path c:\Windows\System32
- Find the existing localspl.dll file in your PC then rename it as localspl.dllBACKUP.dll
- Move the renamed file to C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start then Choose Run
- In the blank field that will appear on your screen, type “cmd”.
- Next, type “regsvr32 localspl.dll”
- Confirm by pressing Enter
If the error still refuses to go away even after you have performed Step 2, go to Step 3.
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry Of Windows
The registry in your computer functions as a storage house for Windows. In here you can find all the essential processing information that Windows needs for its operation, especially in loading programs and applications. However, this section of your system also contains thousands of files and settings that are in essence useless. What’s worse is that these data entries would not go away by themselves and even accumulate the longer you use your computer. That is why many people who have been using their PCs for quite some time would frequently experience problems, such as programs stalling, and the slow loading of Windows. When your registry is overloaded, damaged or corrupted, errors such as localspl.dll errors are likely to arise.
To solve these issues, you need to use a registry cleaner. A registry cleaner would scan and remove redundant files in your computer, free up disk space, and enable your PC to run at its peak speed again.