Wldlog.dll is a dynamic link library file created by Microsoft for use in the Windows Live Desktop logging feature. This file is associated with your Windows Live Messenger and is essential for the smooth operation of that program. The file encounters errors when you try to use the program and Windows identifies it as being corrupted or missing. You need to resolve the issues that are causing problems with the wldlog.dll file in order to make use of your Windows Live Messenger program. This tutorial will help you fix the error easily.
What Causes wldlog.dll Errors?
The various wldlog.dll errors usually result from Windows being unable to read or load the wldlog.dll file, either because it has been damaged or because it was accidentally misplaced. The problem could also be caused by a faulty Windows Live Messenger application, or because of problems inside the registry. You need to repair whatever is causing the problem to resolve the error – which can be performed using the steps enumerated below:
How To Fix The Wldlog.dll Error On Your PC
Step 1 – Re-Install The Programs Causing The Error
The first thing that you need to do to resolve the error, after identifying which programs are causing the error message to appear, is to re-install said programs. To re-install applications, you need to remove them first. Follow these steps to do this:
- Click Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features.
- Wait for the list of programs to be populated and then select the program.
- Click the “Remove” or “Uninstall” button and then follow the uninstall wizard if there is any.
- Wait for the removal process to be completed and then restart your PC.
- After restarting your PC, run the file installer, either from your hard drive or by inserting the CD installer in the CD drive.
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the installation.
Step 2 – Manually Replace The Wldlog.dll File on your PC
Manually replacing the wldlog.dll file on your PC is probably the surest way to resolve the problem. You need to get a fresh copy of the dll file from the Internet and then register it onto your Windows operating system to make it work. Here’s how you can do this:
- Download wldlog.zip from the Internet
- Unzip the wldlog.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current wldlog.dll on your system
- Rename the current wldlog.dll to wldlogBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new wldlog.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search for ”run” on Win7 & Vista)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 wldlog.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
This process should stop the error notifications from appearing. If the problem still persists, then you need to clean out your registry, which is described in the next step.
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry Of Windows
Many wldlog.dll errors as well as a host of other severe problems that can slow your computer or worse, cause it to crash, are rooted in the computer’s registry. This database is used by Windows to store file and program settings and serves a significant role in the smooth operation of your system. However, as you keep on using your computer, the registry accumulates errors as a result of registry keys becoming damaged. To fix the wldlog.dll error, you need to clean out the damage inside the registry, which can be done manually, which is very time-consuming, or by using a “registry cleaner” program that can scan and repair detected errors for you.