X3daudio1_3.dll is a dynamic link library file that is used by DirectX created by Microsoft to enable users to experience enhanced graphics in playing games or multimedia files with high graphics resolution requirements. The errors on this file appear on your screen as a result of Windows not being able to load or read the file properly either because the file is missing or corrupted, or some settings have been damaged. You need to resolve the issues surrounding the file for you to be able to play the game that you want. This tutorial will enable you to fix DirectX x3daudio1_3.dll errors easily.
What Causes x3daudio1_3.dll Errors?
- “The file x3daudio1_3.dll is missing”
- “X3daudio1_3.DLL Not Found”
- “File x3daudio1_3.dll not found”
The various x3daudio1_3.dll errors are primarily caused by the way in which Windows is not able to process the file correctly. The problem can be caused by the file becoming damaged or missing, an outdated DirectX version, or some problems in the registry. You need to identify the source of the problem to be able to fix the error – which can be performed using the steps outlined below:
How To Fix The X3daudio1_3.dll Error On Your PC
Step 1 – Upgrade DirectX On Your PC
To eliminate DirectX as a potential source of the problem, upgrade your current DirectX version to the latest version. The games that you are trying to play are probably intended for the latest version of DirectX. You need to remove the old version first and then install the latest version. Follow these steps in order to do this:
- Click Start> Run and type “appwiz.cpl” in the box and then click OK.
- Wait for the program list to be populated and select the old version of DirectX. Click the “Remove” or “Uninstall” button.
- Restart your PC when
- Get the latest version of DirectX from the Microsoft website or through this link.
- Choose to save the file onto your hard drive.
- When the download is complete, right-click on it and select “Run” to begin the installation. Just follow the installation wizard to complete the installation process.
- Restart your PC after completing the installation.
Step 2 – Manually Replace The X3daudio1_3.dll File On Your PC
Manually replacing the dll file and registering it onto your system is probably the best way to resolve the problem. To accomplish this, follow these steps:
- Download x3daudio1_3.zip from the Internet
- Unzip the x3daudio1_3.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current x3daudio1_3.dll on your system
- Rename the current x3daudio1_3.dll to x3daudio1_3BACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new x3daudio1_3.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 x3daudio1_3.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
This process will provide a fresh and working copy of the dll file and should prevent the error message from appearing on your screen. However, if the error persists, proceed to the next step.
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry Of Windows
The “registry” is a potential source of the x3daudio1_3.dll errors and a host of many other critical errors that result to your system running very slowly. The registry is a huge database used by Windows to access the option and settings for all files and programs stored inside it. The registry plays a vital role in your system, but keeps on accumulating errors due to the way Windows accesses and saves multiple registry keys at the same time resulting in damaged or corrupted registry keys. You can resolve the x3daudio.dll errors when you clean out your registry by using a ‘registry cleaner’ application that can do the cleaning for you automatically as manually changing registry values is quite dangerous and tedious to accomplish.
We highly recommend that you download and install this tool which has been proven to restore the health of your PC quickly by fixing 99% of errors and stop viruses found in your system.