Crviewer.dll is a file component created by the company “Business Objects” that is used by the “Crystal Report Viewer” application, which is a tool for database programs in producing reports. The file typically causes problems in your computer and will cause your system to show an error message as a result of the file being corrupted, damaged or missing. You need to repair the errors surrounding the dll file to be able to get rid of the annoying error messages. This tutorial will enable you to fix crviewer.dll errors.
What Causes Crviewer.dll Errors?
- “crviewer.dll Not Found”
- “This application failed to start because crviewer.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “Cannot find crviewer.dll”
- “The file crviewer.dll is missing.”
- “Cannot start Crystal Report Viewer. A required component is missing: crviewer.dll. Please install the application again.”
The different crviewer.dll errors are mainly caused after Windows is unable to load or read the file properly as a result of it being damaged or missing. The errors can also be caused by applications encountering errors that use the file and some problems in the registry. It is also highly possible that the file itself has been damaged or some of its settings have become corrupted. You need to repair the errors to fix the problem – which can be performed using the steps outlined below:
How To Fix The CrViewer.dll Error On Your PC
Step 1 – Re-Install Any Programs Causing The Error
You need to know which applications are causing the error message to be displayed. To fix the problem, you first need to re-install the applications causing this message to be displayed, because there is a good chance that some program files or settings causing the problem. To re-install an application, you need to remove it first by following these steps:
- Click Start> Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista and Win7)
- Select the program from the list, then finally click the “Remove” or “Uninstall” button.
- Reboot your computer once you are done removing the programs.
- Removing the erroneous programs will also remove the errors.
If you wish to use the program again, after restarting your computer, insert the CD/DVD installer onto your optical hard drive and run the installation program.
Step 2 – Manually Replace The CrViewer.dll File on your PC
The best way to remove the crviewer.dll errors from your computer is probably by manually replacing the file. You need to register the fresh copy of the replacement file in order for it to work. Here’s how you can replace and register the file:
- Download crviewer.zip from the Internet
- Unzip the crviewer.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current crviewer.dll on your system
- Rename the current crviewer.dll to crviewerBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new crviewer.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 crviewer.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
This process will provide a fresh working copy of the crviewer.dll component and should stop the errors from showing up again. However, if the error appears on your screen again, you need to clean up your registry.
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry Of Windows
The “registry” is a common source of errors, and is also one of the main culprits behind crviewer.dll errors. The registry is a central database that is used by Windows to store all options and settings for all files and programs installed on your system. To be able to load the required files and programs, Windows accesses the registry and fetches the necessary settings. The registry plays an important part in the smooth operation of your computer, but, continually shows errors as a result of the way Windows saves the registry keys. If they are saved improperly, the file will become damaged or corrupted.
You need to repair the errors inside the registry to prevent the crviewer.dll errors from showing up using a ‘registry cleaner’ program that can accurately detect broken registry keys and fix them.